- Director of The Prenatal Medicine Service. Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Montevideo and Public Health Ministry Hospital Pereira Rossell–Montevideo.
- Professor Associated in Gynecologist and Obstetrics Department of the University Hospital of Uruguay Hospital Pereira Rossell–Montevideo.
- Chief of the Ultrasound Service of the biggest Maternity in the country – Asociación Espanola-CASMU.
- Fetal Medicine Consultant in the most important private maternity departments (MP, Medicina Personalizada & MUCAM)
President of Uruguayan Society of Perinatology (since 2014)
President of the Alvarez- Caldeyro Barcia Foundation, an NGO leading policies for premature pregnancies and perinatal diagnosis in Uruguay (since 2013)
- Country Director Ian Donald Inter-University of Ultrasound in Medicine.
- Latin American Director Ian Donald School Inter University in Medicine.
- Consultant Professor with the Hospital Centrus Fetus, in Sao Paulo, Brazil 2001
- Vice-president of The World Association of Perinatal Medicine (WAPM).
- Coordinator of the Latin American Program of Fellows in Perinatology in the
Latin American Federation of Perinatology (FLAMP).
- Director of the Research and Education Program of the Latin American
Federation of Perinatology (FLAMP) (2013).
- General Coordinator of the Iberoamerican Society of Prenatal Diagnosis and
Treatment (SIADTP) (2014).
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Arial Award from the Uruguayan Scientific Society for her scientific
contribution to the country (2008).
- Honorary Foreing Member of the Paraguayan Society of Perinatology 2012
- Diplome of Honorable Professor -Dubrovnik International University 2013
- Ordem do Merito Ultrasonografía Brasileira - Brazilian Society of Ultrasound 2014.
- Member of the Board of the International Society Fetus as a Patient.
- Member of the Board of the Brazilian Society of Ultrasound 2003.
- Member of the Scientific Staff of Fetus Hospital San Pablo Brazil, 2003
- Member of the SESEGO –Spain 2002.
- Scientific President of the X Congress of Perinatal Medicine (WAPM), Punta del Este. (2010)
- Scientific Co-coordinator of FIGO Regional Conference of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Colombia (2013)
- Co- Editor of the Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Member of the Editoral Board Of:
- 2004 Iberoamerican Prenatal Diagnosis. (Prof. J.M. Carrera)
- 2006 Journal of Ultrasound Donald School.
- 2006 Brazilian Society of Ultrasound Subs.
- 2010 Journal of Iberoamerican Society of Prenatal Diagnosis And Therapy.
- 2012 Perinatology and Human Reproduction Imper- MEXICO.
- 2012 The Journal of the Latin – American Federation of Perinatology (FLAMP)
- 2012 Prenatal Diagnosis Spain. (Carmina Comas)
She has organizad scientific meeting and lectures extensively at both nacional and internacional events in Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia since 1993 in the field of prenatal diagnosis fetal malformations, echocardiography and fetal therapy. She has author and co-author in around 30 books.